[Mimedefang] How to set up spamtrap that MIMEDefang/Spamassassin can use?

James jwhittington at excelorant.com
Wed Feb 4 11:14:13 EST 2004

Thanks for the quick response, that seemed to work.

Another question I had was my bayes_path is set to go
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes, so I created a bayes folder thinking this
is where things would be written.

But instead I see  a bayes_seen & bayes_toks file in the
/var/spool/MIMEDefang directory.

Is this correct?

Thanks again, this is one of the most friendly lists I belong to :<).

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 10:06, Kayne Kruse wrote:
> > My question is how do make sure my manually learned samples
> > get included
> > into the database that MIMEDefang/Spamassassin use?
> >
> > MIMEDefang runs as user defang so I'm thinking if I run
> > sa-learn as that
> > user then it would get added to the same database.
> >

> You have to tell sa-learn to use your Mimedefang spamassassin conf file.
>

> sa-learn -c /path/to/mimedefang/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf then the
> appropriate flags..

James Whittington
Systems Administrator

Excelorant, LLC