[Mimedefang] milter timing out.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Feb 4 08:06:05 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, -ray wrote:

> Here's the output from when it happened the other day.  I don't think the
> slaves are really running, but the multiplexor still thinks they're idle?

The only way I can see that happening is if a SIGCHLD signal gets lost,
and that would be an operating system bug.

When it gets wedged, try this:

	md-mx-ctrl scan /

If you see this:

error: Cannot open COMMANDS file from mimedefang: No such file or directory

then it means that the multiplexor has successfully activated a slave,
passed it a command, received the reply, and returned it to the caller.
If this happens, it's very unlikely to be a multiplexor problem.

If, on the other hand, you get some other error message or the command
just hangs, then it is a multiplexor problem and I'll have to look into
it.