[Mimedefang] Some Pointers Required

Peter A. Cole peteracole at bigpond.com
Wed Feb 4 06:45:34 EST 2004

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone can give me a list of things to check to see where
I'm going wrong.

I'm running MIMEDefang 2.38 with Sendmail 8.12.9, ClamAV 0.60, and
SpamAssassin 2.61 under Debian Sarge.

These are all the Debian packages, I haven't built from source.

Basically, I've been through the MIMEDefang HOWTO, the MIMEDefang FAQ's, and
had a search through the archives and on Google and Google Groups.

I'm totally confused as to where I'm going wrong.

When new messages arrive via Fetchmail, they are delivered to my mailboxes
with apparently no action performed on them whatsoever, even though I have
added the Features in for CLAMD and SpamAssassin.

I have run mimedefang.pl -features and both are listed there, and running
mimedefang.pl -f /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter -test says there is nothing
wrong with my filter.

Can anyone give me a list of things to check in order so I can see if I can
narrow down where the problem lies? I'm at the point now where I'm just
confusing myself and just need a clearer point of view I think.

Pete