[Mimedefang] Additional Spamassassin Rules

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Feb 4 04:43:23 EST 2004

"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
>>Actually, the SpamAssassin docs state that you *shouldn't* drop
>>> local rules in /usr/share/spamassassin, since they will be
>>> removed when upgrading SpamAssassin (yes, I learned the hard
>>> way .
>
> Not if you number them 70_* or higher, I believe.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Well, my /usr/share/spamassassin/ was wiped out, so it's safer to
keep local rules in /etc/mail/spamassassin/.  I grab a number of
SpamAssassin rule files which are named according to their function
and not with numbers, for example:
    http://www.merchantsoverseas.com/wwwroot/gorilla/sa_rules.htm
    http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/bogus-virus-warnings.cf
The files from these sites should definitely go into
/etc/mail/spamassassin/.

Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark