[Mimedefang] milter timing out.

Edmund cc at belfordhk.com
Tue Feb 3 22:50:01 EST 2004

Justin wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, -ray wrote:
>

>>Did more troubleshooting today.  I think this is a multiplexor problem.  I
>>started logging the # of sendmail and MD processes.  At some point it
>>appears the multiplexor decides to stop spawning new slaves, and sendmail
>>processes start backing up.  Log created with:
>

> This sounds familiar.  Unfortunately I never got my problem fixed either
> so I can give you a solution.  I'm no longer using the problem box for
> email so the problem isn't a problem to me anymore.  I'm of course having
> another round of temp failing problems on another box but I believe they
> are unrelated.  If you do figure this out, please give the list the low
> down.  I'm sure it affects many more than you and I.

I'm having the same problem here.  A co-worker was trying to
send a big file to another co-worker and the mail server kept
on throwing a Error 451.   Unfortunately, I don't know how big
the file is.

I read on this thread that by resetting MD it should return to normal.
I did that, and it seems to have worked.  But I'm certain that it'd do
that again sooner or later.

Currently, "md-mx-ctrl status" gives:

Max slaves: 10
Slave 0: idle
Slave 1: idle
Slave 2: stopped
Slave 3: stopped
Slave 4: stopped
Slave 5: stopped
Slave 6: stopped
Slave 7: stopped
Slave 8: stopped
Slave 9: stopped

I'll check that again when the system chokes again.

Ed