[Mimedefang] Using more than one virus scanner is a good idea.

Bill Maidment bill.maidment at elgas.com.au
Tue Feb 3 21:57:39 EST 2004

Hmmmm....

We had in /usr/local/etc/clamav.conf

# Files in archives larger than this limit won't be scanned.
# Value of 0 disables the limit.
# WARNING: Due to the unrarlib implementation, whole files (one by one)
in RAR
#          archives are decompressed to the memory. That's why never disable
#          this limit (but you may increase it of course!)
ArchiveMaxFileSize 10M

So I assume that this refers to the size of the archive, rather than the
size of the uncompressed file. It looks like I can reduce this to 100K
or whatever.

Thanks
Bill