[Mimedefang] action_tempfail and delete_recipient question

Xiaoyan Ma xma at haas.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 3 20:43:49 EST 2004

Thanks for Kelson's help but I still have a few questions:

At 04:22 PM 2/2/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>At 03:52 PM 2/2/2004, Xiaoyan Ma wrote:
>>1. Does action_tempfail affects all recipients?
>
>Yes.

How can I only tempfail 2 of 5 recipients then?  Is stream_by_recipient the
right approach or I can hold them in @tempfail, tempfail them at the end of
filter_begin.  If the second approach should work, do I need to
delete_recipient them all so they won't receive the message
since  @Recipients is global?

Please bear with me if I am confused.

Thanks.
Xiaoyan

>>2. Is delete_recipient needed? If not, wouldn't tempfailed recipient
>>receive a copy of the message?
>
>No, and no.
>     foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
>           if (should_greylist($sender, $recip)) {
>           md_syslog('warning', "Filter Recipient:$sender:$recip");
>                  #delete_recipient($recip);
>                  return action_tempfail("Tempfailed as anti-spam
> measure.  Please try again.");
>                  delete_recipient($recip);
>           }
>     }

Remember, any time you call return, it'll stop processing the
subroutine.  So in this case, it will *never* call delete_recipient, and it
will only run up to the first recipient that triggers should_greylist().

Kelson Vibber