[Mimedefang] syslogd can't be running with -t option?

Brian Landers brian at bluecoat93.org
Tue Feb 3 16:24:48 EST 2004

> From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:10:09 -0500 (EST)
>
> OK; I've duplicated the problem.  It seems that Unix::Syslog requires
> the syslog daemon to listen on a UDP or TCP port.

Hmm, according to the README for Unix::Syslog, its whole purpose in life (as
opposed to Sys::Syslog) is that it uses native C code to link into the OS's
syslog functions.  This is specifically *so* that it can log without having
to connect via a network socket.  I've used Unix::Syslog quite extensively
on Solaris (and now on Linux) without my syslog listening on UDP.

http://search.cpan.org/src/MHARNISCH/Unix-Syslog-0.100/README

*B