[Mimedefang] Additional Spamassassin Rules

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Feb 3 17:01:12 EST 2004

>> Did you have to do any 'magic' to get the new rules to work with a
>> MimeDefang+Spamassassin configuration?
>
> I just dropped them in /usr/share/spamassassin, made them world-readable,
> and did a filter reread.  They work fine for me.

Actually, the SpamAssassin docs state that you *shouldn't* drop
local rules in /usr/share/spamassassin, since they will be
removed when upgrading SpamAssassin (yes, I learned the hard
way :-).  All local rules should be put in /etc/mail/spamassassin/.
They will be activated when restarting the MimeDefang daemons.

This point should go into some FAQ.

Ole Holm Nielsen
Dept. of Physics, Technical University of Denmark