[Mimedefang] monitor scripts for mimedefang/sendmail

Rick Mallett rmallett at ccs.carleton.ca
Tue Feb 3 15:22:12 EST 2004

Aaaagggghhhh!!! Got hit by that damned "too many quoted lines" rule again.
David, how about bouncing the full message so that I can re-edit and fix it,
rather than having to remember what I said.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the C program I submitted
simply watches the mail log file and then tries to execute a script
called "/usr/local/bin/restart-mimedefang" that actually restarts
mimedefang. I forgot to include that script in the previous post.
Here it is

  #!/bin/csh
  kill `head -1 /var/run/sendmail.pid`
  /etc/init.d/mimedefang stop
  sleep 10
  /etc/init.d/mimedefang start
  sleep 10
  /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q30m

where the sendmail kill and invokation lines may well be
different on other systems.

- rick, dutifully removing the quoted lines from mimedefang postings