[Mimedefang] Using more than one virus scanner is a good idea.

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Tue Feb 3 14:57:32 EST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Richard Laager wrote:

> Aren't sophie and trophie daemonized versions of sophos and trend?
> Can anyone confirm this? If so, they could be handled the same as
> clamd and clamav.

They're not written by the same author as their non-daemon counterparts
like clamscan/clamd, but they are daemonized versions.  sophie and trophie
(http://www.vanja.com/tools/) are from Vanja Hrustic.  sophie was written
based on sophos' libsavi API and trophie, reverse engineered AFAIK, uses
trend's libvsapi.  sophie uses sophos' virus signatures and engine,
trophie uses trend's virus signatures and engine.

I'd say they should be handled the same as clamscan/clamd.

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA