[Mimedefang] monitor scripts for mimedefang/sendmail

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Feb 3 14:34:23 EST 2004

I would be interested in any swatch scripts or other monitor scripts
people use to watch mimedefang/sendmail and restart it if it dies.
I currently do not use a log monitor script to determine when
mimedefang/sendmail dies.
I use the monit program which just tells me that the program is accepting
connections, and the process is running.
I would like to configure a finer grained monitor of mimedefang/sendmail
so I can restart them when they have problems.
Or at least get emailed.

I'm considering all I need to do is swatch the log for milter timeout or
similar, and then do a restart.
By why invent the wheel when someone else already has...

Luke Computer Science System Administrator