[Mimedefang] action_tempfail and delete_recipient question

Xiaoyan Ma xma at haas.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 2 18:52:56 EST 2004

Have been running MD using example filter for awhile.  First time trying to
add some code.  I would like to move David's greylist code from
filter_recipient to filter_begin.  Searched list archive, read and reread
man page.  This is what I came up with:

sub filter_begin () {
     my $sender = canonicalize_email ($Sender);
     my $ip =  $RelayAddr;

     foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
           if (should_greylist($sender, $recip)) {
           md_syslog('warning', "Filter Recipient:$sender:$recip");
                  #delete_recipient($recip);
                  return action_tempfail("Tempfailed as anti-spam
measure.  Please try again.");
                  delete_recipient($recip);
           }
     }

It works when there is one recipient and broke when there are more --
tempfailed all recipients.  I have 2 questions:

1. Does action_tempfail affects all recipients?

2. Is delete_recipient needed? If not, wouldn't tempfailed recipient
receive a copy of the message?

or maybe my logic does not flow at all ?

Thanks.
Xiaoyan