[Mimedefang] Testing MD Standalone

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Mon Feb 2 09:45:22 EST 2004

Greetings:

If I have an entire message quarantined, and I want to use it to test some filter changes, how do I do this?

Reading the man pages, I thought that I should be able to do it by:
	mimedefang.pl -f FILTER -structure < ENTIRE_MESSAGE
but that does not work... it appears to be expecting just one entity, because testing it on messages with known viruses (that MD has already quarantined), it always gives only:
	leaf: type=text/plain; fname=; disp=inline

TIA for your help!

Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer
A.S.E.T., Inc.