[Mimedefang] Change "warning1.txt" attachment name when using action_replace_with_url

Administrador DyR systemlogs at dyr.es
Thu Dec 16 10:32:03 EST 2004

El jue, 16-12-2004 a las 15:12 +0100, Renaud PASCAL escribió:
> Le Jeudi 16 Décembre 2004 13:58, Administrador DyR a écrit :
> > In my firm, we would like to introduce HTML in the replacing-attachment,
>
>   Ouch !
>
> > and translating the name (some of our customers don't open
> > "warning1.txt" thinking it's a mail-virus, or something so).
>
>   Hum, and these `customers' wouldn't mind to open an HTML,
> let's say <DrinkMe.html> or <EatMe.html> ???

They are two different issues: the name of the attachment, and the type
of it.

First: the name. Actually i want to translate the name "warning1.txt"
into Spanish, and improve it a bit: instead of "Warning1.txt" it could
be "Link to filtered attached file.txt" (in Spanish).

Even better: if replacing "VeryBigImage.jpg" because it's too big (more
than 10M, for example), the attachment would be "Link to bigger-than-10M
file VeryBigImage_jpg.txt" (this string should be translated too).

About the type of the replacing attachment:

Now, a too-big attachment is replaced with a plain text saying that we
have filtered the very-big-attached-file and that it can be downloaded
from the given URL.

We, as a small ISP, would like to insert some kind of rich text in this
message, as now it seems an error message, and some customers have
deleted it thinking it was Spam or a "you sent us a virus" message.

These are two different problems (the name of the message replacing the
attachment, and the type of the attachment). The first one is more
important than the second...

--
David Marín Carreño <dmarin at dyr.es>
System Manager