[Mimedefang] features?

Gary Funck gary at intrepid.com
Fri Dec 31 00:42:31 EST 2004

[...]
> Virus:CLAMAV                  : no
> Virus:CLAMD                   : no

Although clamav was installed, mimedefang.pl apparently didn't know about
it.

After investigating this issue, I discovered that the problem is due to the
way the .spec file inside the MIMEdefang tarfile distribution configures
MIMEdefang. Here is the relevant invocation:

+ ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --sysconfdir=/etc
--with-spooldir=/var/spool/MIMEDefang --with-quarantinedir=/var/spool/MD-Qua
rantine
--with-user=defang --disable-anti-virus

Doing some searching, apparently this issue has been discussed before:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/020343.ht
ml

The trick is to build the rpm with antivirus checking enabled.