[Mimedefang] features?

Gary Funck gary at intrepid.com
Thu Dec 30 17:45:44 EST 2004

After installing MDF, I ran mimedefang.pl -features and obtained the
attached
report.

A few of the missing features caused me some concern:

Archive::Zip                  : no
File::Scan                    : no
HTMLCleaner                   : no
Virus:CLAMAV                  : no
Virus:CLAMD                   : no
Virus:FileScan                : no

Anomy::HTMLCleaner            : missing
Archive::Zip                  : missing
File::Scan                    : missing

I had previously installed clamAV, but for some reason it isn't finding this
feature.
Do I need to install File::Scan and File::Scan::ClamAV to bring clamav in as
feature?

Also, I assume that Archive::Zip is needed so that MDF can scan/manipulate
Zip files
and I should inatll that module as well?

What are the various merits of clamav versus the clamd demon?

Is Anomy::HTMLCleaner recommended?