[Mimedefang] two minor doc. errors

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Thu Dec 30 12:33:10 EST 2004

Mickey Hill wrote:
> No, although the location has changed, the original URL is still valid
> and works perfectly well, returning a 301 with the new location.

HTTP status codes:

"301 Moved Permanently

The requested resource has been assigned a new permanent URI and any
future references to this resource SHOULD use one of the returned URIs."
(emphasis in the original, since RFCs are big on the must/should/may
distinction)

This as compared to "302 Found," which is considered a temporary
redirect and more suitable for gateway pages, mirrors, aliases, random
redirectors, etc.

That said, I do see websites *cough*Mandrake*cough* getting these mixed
up from time to time.

--
Kelson Vibber