[Mimedefang] MIMEdefang on CPAN? or in RPM form?

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Wed Dec 29 11:52:28 EST 2004

Gary Funck wrote:
> Hmm, first I've heard that there might be probs. building rpm's as
> root. What are they?

The biggest one is that the build/install part of building the package
will accidentally overwrite real system files.  This is a Very Bad
Thing, and can *really* screw things up if you're building on the system
you're going to install on;  you may end up overwriting something you
really didn't want to overwrite.

> Request for enhancement in existing MIMEdefang rpm spec file --
>
> Currently, it states:
>
> Requires:      perl-Digest-SHA1 perl-MIME-tools perl-IO-stringy
> perl-MailTools
>
> a more consistent capitalization standard would be:
>
> Requires:      perl-Digest-SHA1 perl-MIME-Tools perl-IO-Stringy
> perl-MailTools

This would be nice, but it would also be incorrect.  <g>

Those Perl modules are named as-is, for whatever reason it was, and
changing the capitalization will Break Things.  I don't recall any
particular problems building any of those modules myself.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!