[Mimedefang] compile error with 2.49

ScottO pats1776 at hotpop.com
Fri Dec 24 08:58:49 EST 2004

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, ScottO wrote:
>
>> engine.o(.text+0x83a): undefined reference to `strlcpy'
>
> This probably means you're compiling against one version of libmilter
> and linking against another.  I'm sure this has come up before on
> the list archives.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

I did another search through the archives with a different search string,
found something that gave me an idea.  I re-compiled libmilter and
reinstalled it.  The only thing that I can think of that happened in between
2.38 and now 2.49, is that I probably upgraded the Linux kernel - definately
not Sendmail though.

I guess upgrading the kernel required a rebuild of libmilter - does this
sound right?

Thanks,

Scott