[Mimedefang] -x and -X options

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Dec 23 21:25:07 EST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Ian Mitchell wrote:

> Any thoughts on an option to define the address to mask internal
> addresses, or atleast to block the "on 10.0.0.1" portion?

This is hard-coded in mimedefang.c.  You'd have to edit the C code
if you don't like it.

> Another question, has any work been done to add per-user settings based on
> the recipient to the Mimedefang/Spamassassin link or is a request for such
> a feature stepping on Can-It too much? I imagine the overhead of
> re-inventing procmail within Mimedefang would be kinda ugly, but having
> per-user spam control is nice.

We have this implemented in CanIt-PRO, and the broad outlines of how
to do it in MIMEDefang are public -- you use stream_by_recipient and
then (somehow) key off the recipient address.  SpamAssassin 3.0 makes
this a lot easier than the 2.x series.