[Mimedefang] OffTopic : Need some sendmail help (access configs)

John john at jjgb.com
Wed Dec 22 13:46:05 EST 2004

At 10:12 AM 12/22/2004, you wrote:
>On Monday 20 December 2004 01:07 pm, Matthew Hall wrote:
> > OK, so access will reject all networks, BUT, because we enable
> > delay_checks, that gets delayed long enough to hit the
> >
> > spam:@ourdomain FRIEND
> >
> > and be accepted for relay to our smart host? That spam rule
> > looks for To:@ourdomain, not From:@ourdomain, right?
>
>That should be "To:@your.domain   SPAMFRIEND"

Incorrect.

The older versions of sendmail are that way.  I think they changed that in
the 8.11.x or 8.12.x

The correct syntax for a domain is:

Spam:domainname.com     FRIEND

FEATURE(`delay_checks',`friend') must be in your sendmail.mc

Hope this helps...

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous

"Soap Box" didn't work, now using the "Cartridge Box" 3/20/2003