[Mimedefang] Question on confidentiality statements

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Fri Dec 17 13:51:53 EST 2004

On 12/17/04 at 13:46, 'twas brillig and Graham Dunn scrobe:
> >FBI NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is protected
> >by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA). The author(s) of this
> >email have spent a considerable amount of time in thoughtful construction
> >of the contents of the messages and as such, if you are not the intended
> >recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
> >copies of the original message. Circumvention of the original distribution
> >method intended for the message is not authorized and is prosecutable
> >under the DCMA.
> >

> Any and all reproduction shall be considered an attempt to bypass our
> double-ROT13 encryption, and hence actionable under aforementioned DCMA.

	Pray tell, what is this "DCMA" of which you write? Is it by
any chance related to that execrable legislation known as the "Digital
Millenium Copyright Act"? (Which the observant reader will note is
acronymised as "DMCA"...)

		Ole, whose pets are feeling peevish
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-fu; news, web; SGI martyr * admin-at-large

   Need a seasoned *NIX admin in the Denver/Boulder area? Hire me!
        http://www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pub/olc-resume.txt