[Mimedefang] Change "warning1.txt" attachment name when using action_replace_with_url

Fernando Gleiser fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar
Fri Dec 17 09:54:00 EST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Administrador DyR wrote:
>
> > About the type of the replacing attachment:
>
> There is actually another reason why it might be good to use another type:
>
> There are local recipients using some (I don't know what particular)
> version of Outlook, who claim that they cannot access the link in the
> Warning.

On a related note, I'm having complains from some users who don't
see the text inline, even if $AddWarningsInline=1

They seem to find it too cumbersome to open the warning.txt
and then click on the url. it seems some broken MUAs have
problems displaying inline text parts.

I've been struggling to solve this problem for the last couple of
weeks. I'm thinking about writing my own replace_with_url which
instead of calling action_replace_with_warning with the text
telling them to click on the url , just drops the part and then
adds a boilerplate with the text to the url.

what do you think? is it safe to do it that way?

Thanks in advance.

			Fer