[Mimedefang] Fedora 2 upgrade issues

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Dec 14 11:40:42 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> What's the secret sauce to deal with this? Maybe something with the
> --installdirs argument to force the replacement into the site dirs?

perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=site && make && make install

You'll notice that mimedefang.pl.in shrewdly has a:

	use lib '@PERLINSTALLSITELIB@';

to make it pick up the proper MIME::Base64.

Actually, this issue has bitten other users of MIME::Tools, so I'm
planning on a 5.416 release that will use a more modern MIME::Base64
if it finds it, but will fall back on the old version of not.  This could
lead to decoding errors, but it doesn't seem to happen very often.