[Mimedefang] Fedora 2 upgrade issues

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Dec 14 10:43:53 EST 2004

I figured I'd take a crack at updating to the latest MD, and started by
trying to update MIME-tools. I immediately run into the problem that it
wants a new MIME::QuotedPrint but Red Hat, in their infinite wisdom (rolls
eyes) have decided to bundle this package in the main Perl package. I tried
grabbing the latest MIME-Base64 from CPAN and repackaging it with
cpanflute2 but the files conflict with the installed Perl package. What's
the secret sauce to deal with this? Maybe something with the --installdirs
argument to force the replacement into the site dirs?