[Mimedefang] Still Need help with virus notifications - Becoming an emergency

Ronald Vazquez NLM vazquezr at nlm.nih.gov
Tue Dec 14 08:01:53 EST 2004

Many thanks to everybody for your answers.  My problem is that I have to follow procedure, a request from my manager who wants it done that way.  I need to let the virus come in on port 25, tag it as a virus, next Trend Micro Virus Wall will do it's job by deleting/dropping the virus, and MIMEDefang will then suppress the notification at 10025.  I am looking for help in writting a filter that would allow this action.  Now, how could I accomplish what I just described?

I can understand the reasons for doing this the way all you guys suggest but my manager wants it done his way.  Could someone please help?

Thanks in advance
Ronald Vazquez