[Mimedefang] SURBL lookups no longer happening after upgrade to2.48

Mike Carlson mike at mcarlson.net
Fri Dec 10 16:10:29 EST 2004

I am having the same problem with SA 3.01 and MIMEDefang 2.48 on FreeBSD. I finally did get it working.

I noticed in /usr/loca/bin/mimedefang.pl that LOCAL_RULES_DIR was defined as:

hades# grep LOCAL_RULES /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl
    my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR = "/usr/local/etc/mimedefang/spamassassin";
            LOCAL_RULES_DIR    => $LOCAL_RULES_DIR});
           # LOCAL_RULES_DIR    => $LOCAL_RULES_DIR,

So I copied init.pre from /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/ to /usr/local/etc/mimedefang/spamassassin/

Now SURBLS are hitting:

Dec 10 15:02:19 hades sm-mta[346]: iBAL2DTM000346: Milter change: header  X-Spam-Score: from 9.258 to 9.258 (*********) BAD_CREDIT,DCC_CHECK,DIGEST_MULTIPLE,EXCUSE_7,HTML_50_60,HTML_FONT_SIZE_TINY,HTML_FONT_TINY,HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24,HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_TEXT_AFTER_BODY,HTML_TEXT_AFTER_HTML,MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART,MSGID_FROM_MTA_HEADER,RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100,RAZOR2_CHECK,URIBL_OB_SURBL,URIBL_SBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL

I was not getting any hits earlier today. Since this seemed to fix it I think I may just take the init.pre in /usr/local/etc/mimedefang/spamassasin/ and make it a symbolic link to the one in /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/ directory. That way I only have to manage one file.

--Mike