[Mimedefang] Re: RBL suggestions

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Fri Dec 10 10:54:35 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 01:48:20PM -0500, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
> mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 12/09/2004 12:15:03
> PM:
>

> > If you would like to test particular addresses that give false positives
> > on the connection attempts, check out this site: http://rbls.org/
>
> Thanks for this link! I have been using sbl.spamhaus.org and
> bl.spamcop.net.  Alll of the hosts that I have spot checked on this site
> have been on both lists.

There are some risks using Spamcop : use it with a 450 code instead of a 550
one. Sometimes some IPs get listed and unlisted in Spamcop ...

Example 1 : relay=iad-fw-global.amazon.com [207.171.167.25]
http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=207.171.167.25

Example 2 : relay=sc8-sf-sshgate.sourceforge.net [66.35.250.220]
http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=66.35.250.220
snort-sigs-admin at lists.sourceforge.net

My recommended Safe RBLS list  : NJABL, ORDB, SPAMHAUS , BLITZED.

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz
AES TSC