[Mimedefang] Re: RBL suggestions

Ian Mitchell trash at aftermagic.com
Thu Dec 9 12:15:03 EST 2004

> Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:21:30 -0500
> From: WBrown at e1b.org
> Subject: [Mimedefang] RBL suggestions
>
> I am looking to start using an RBL.  In the past, a colegue did some
> testing of RBLs and got a lot of false positives.
> ---

If you would like to test particular addresses that give false positives
on the connection attempts, check out this site: http://rbls.org/

My advise, don't use block.blars.org this site seems to be run by a troll
who beleives email should be held hostage through extortion. Practically
every IP I've tested comes up positive on his RBL. And at $1000 a pop to
have an IP removed, I highly doubt he qualifies as a reliable source...