[Mimedefang] Is Virus Checking in Procedure Filter Doable?

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Wed Dec 8 09:41:44 EST 2004

Johnson, Robert F wrote:
> Can mimedefang-filter be modified to run virus scanning in filter
> instead of filter-begin?  I have tried just moving the code to Filter
> but it doesn't work.  Are there any samples for this type of
> implementation?

It should be possible.  However, you can't just move the code around.
The code in filter_begin works on entire message
(message_contains_virus()).  If you move virus scanning to filter, than
you will be scanning each part of the message separately, so you need to
call entity_contains_virus($entity) instead.

> Conversely can the bad_filetype filtering (including zip file scanning)
> be run in Filter-Begin instead if Filter?

Not really.