[Mimedefang] Invalid host

Richard Whelan richard.whelan at pipex.net
Fri Dec 3 10:26:04 EST 2004

Hi,

I've recently had to move the MX record for one of our domains.
Unfortunately though, some of the machines that are sending email to
these address, are using "internal" email addresses, and so are being
rejected by the mail server as not existing.

Normally under sendmail, this is easily rectified by adding the entry
into the access file, as OK. However, the error I'm getting is coming
from the Milter, so I assume it's mimedefang that's doing the rejection
and kicking the error back to sendmail.

Here's a log entry:

Dec  3 13:09:02 server.dom.name sendmail [9006]: [ ID 801593 mail.info]
msg id:
Milter: to=<mail at dom.name>, reject=572 5.7.1 somename at baddomain host
name is unknown

Does anyone have any ideas where it's being rejected, and how I can get
around the problem.

I know, ideally I need to get the senders addresses made valid, but
these are tucked inside many scripts, and as I mentioned before, with
sendmail's access list, this was not an issue.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

--
Richard Whelan