[Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Aug 11 08:24:10 EDT 2004

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 3:21 PM -0500 Les Mikesell
<les at futuresource.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 14:10, Richard Laager wrote:
>
>> If a potential customer sends you a message through a public access
>> point and their domain has SPF enabled and doesn't list that access
>> point as a valid relay, is that you fault? No, it's their
>> administrator's fault for setting up restrictive SPF without properly
>> configuring their employee's/user's laptops.
>
> How would this work for wireless delivery services like Blackberry?
> My CEO has one of these and uses it a lot.  All messages must
> be sent through their server but we want the 'From:' to be
> his desktop address.

I think the wireless service is supposed to rewrite the envelope
sender to its own domain and leave the From: alone.  Users should
not be expected to configure this.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York