[Mimedefang] Re: MimeDefang vs clamav

Richard A Nelson cowboy at cavein.org
Thu Aug 5 12:58:33 EDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Chris Myers wrote:

> It may also be a file permissions problem.  Are you running clamav as (a)
> root, as (b) the mimedefang user or as (c) the clamav user?

b (uid defang), and talking to clamdscan(uid clamav) via the socket

Today, I see that clamdscan called by mimedefang is *still* not
detecting Worm.Mydoom.M, whilst the subsequent clamav-milter *is* :(

The mimedefang->clamdscan *is* catching some, just not (for the nonce)
some of the attempts:
	Worm.Mydoom.M, Worm.SomeFool.Gen-1, Worm.SomeFool.Gen-2
so I'm left thinking that even though mimedefang and clamdscan are
running different uids, there shouldn't be a permissions issue.

I'm running spamassassin 3.0pre2, so it is *not* the umask issue -
I even perused the code to make sure...

Here's my mimedefang-filter(pretty stock) if anyone can help:
	http://www.cavein.org/mimedefang-filter

This is fairly frustrating :(
--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon