[Mimedefang] Sendmail, MIMEDefang and ClamAV

Chris Gauch cgauch at digicon.net
Fri Aug 27 10:07:14 EDT 2004

Just run MIMEDefang as your milter, and set up the clamav.conf file
(generally in /usr/local/etc/) to run under user "defang".  MIMEDefang will
call clamav on its own.  Do not use ClamAV as a milter in sendmail if you're
attempting to run MIMEDefang as the milter.

This page is an absolute must-read prior to installing/configuring
MIMEDefang for your Linux system.  I strongly recommend this how-to as it'll
walk you through the sendmail and MIMEDefang configuration...

http://www.mickeyhill.com/mimedefang-howto/

As for startup scripts, clamav and MIMEDefang install startup scripts into
the /etc/init.d/ directory -- you can create links in the rc directory so
that the processes start in a specific order.  Clamav should start first,
then MIMEDefang, then sendmail.

- Chris

Chris Gauch
Systems Administrator