[Mimedefang] Re: Sendmail, MIMEDefang and ClamAV

NFN Smith worldoff9908 at sacbeemail.com
Thu Aug 26 15:42:31 EDT 2004

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

> NFN Smith wrote:
>
>>define(`_FFR_MILTER', `true')dnl
>>
>>INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock,F=T,T=S:2m;R:2m')dnl
>>
>>INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter',`S=local:/var/milter/clmilter.sock, F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
>>define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `clmilter')
>>

> This is wrong. See http://www.sendmail.org/m4/adding_mailfilters.html

That's what I get for copying verbatim, and not confirming against the
docs that what is suggested is what I need. I wondered about the extra
define...

> "Note that setting `confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS' after any
 > INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() commands will clear the list created by the prior
 > INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() commands."
>
> Take out your "define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `clmilter')" line and
> you should be OK.

So done.  With that removed, both ClamAV and MIMEDefang seem to be
running happily together.

Thanks for the feedback on this one.  That definitely helps.

Smith