[Mimedefang] Embedded Perl side effect: $$ is wrong in slaves.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Aug 25 10:42:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

We have just noticed a bit of weirdness with embedded Perl.  If you
use an embedded Perl interpreter, the Perl "$$" variable does not
reflect the process ID of each slave.  Instead, it continues to hold
the process ID of the master multiplexor.

I've looked into the Perl source code and (recoiling in horror)
decided not to fix this.  Instead, I documented it in the multiplexor
man page and converted the bug into a feature. :-)

Just something to watch out for.