[Mimedefang] Request for addition

Ian Mitchell junk at aftermagic.com
Wed Aug 25 09:21:45 EDT 2004

Dear Mimedefang Gurus,

Due to the some of the advisories of late regarding exploitations in
libpng on many *nix's I've added png files to my listing of excluded
attachments in the mimedefang-filter file. I would like to see if it can
be added in the next release as a standard. There is an active exploit in
the wild, however there are no reported worms to date, and it is arguable
that many people using email in *nix would be smart enough not to open png
files coming in from email. But I always err on the side of caution.

Thank you,
Ian Mitchell