[Mimedefang] Removing attachments in the background

Frederic Lavigne fred at L2FProd.com
Wed Aug 25 03:45:31 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I've successfully set up mimedefang to remove attachments from e-mail
and to replace them with a link.

However I was wondering if there is a way with sendmail/milter to queue
e-mails for later processing. The copy of the attachment from the
sendmail box to the web server box (mounted with nfs) can sometimes take
time and slows down the e-mail (as the e-mail client has to wait until
all milter filters have been executed).

I've seen the queue options of sendmail but I'm not sure when the milter
filter will be executed.

Any thoughts?

thanks,
-fred