[Mimedefang] Upgrading MD from 2.33

NFN Smith worldoff9908 at sacbeemail.com
Mon Aug 23 16:12:36 EDT 2004

I've got a server that's running MD 2.33, and I'm finally getting around
to upgrading MD to version 2.44  (Actually, I'm doing a full server
rebuild, moving from RH 7.2 to Fedora-Core 2, and while I'm at it,
making sure that I have reasonably current copies of everything).

In any case, the reason my machine got stuck at 2.33 was that if I
remember correctly, 2.35 and above required some content changes in the
mimeconfig-filter file, and since our site has a bunch of localized
rules (which I didn't write), I remember deciding to pass (at least for
a while), because it meant doing some hacking on my current config,
rather than simply copying in the default one, and manually re-adding a
handful of small changes.

Where I'm at right now is that I remember that there were changes, but I
can't find in my personal archives or the mailing list archives any
description of what changes I need to get added.  I have seen that the
name of the logging call is changed from md_log to me_graphdefang_log.
However are there any other changes I need to apply to a config file
that works in 2.33 before running it under 2.44?

Thanks in advance.

Smith