[Mimedefang] Multple scanners

Mathew Thomas mathew.thomas at rmit.edu.au
Thu Aug 19 21:50:30 EDT 2004

Hi

I am running mimedefang 2.44 with two scanners - McAfee uvscan and camav-0.75

My understanding is that the  mail will be checked by the first scanner. If  the first scanner find  a virus, the mail
will be dropped and no more checking. If the first scanner didn't find any virus, the mail will be checked by the second
scanner. If  the second scanner find  a virus, the mail will be dropped and more checking . Otherwise mail will continue
with other checking .Am I correct?

I would like uvscan to scan  the mail first. How should I know which virus scanner is scanning the mail first? If the
order won't make any difference I am happy to leave as it is.

Thanks
Mathew