[Mimedefang] sendmail spf milter plugin for sendmail 8.13.0

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Aug 19 17:05:31 EDT 2004

Les Mikesell wrote:
> The kind of identification I want is to know that if you send
> one spam with this signature that I will be able to recognize
> all subsequent emails coming from you and reject them.

Ah.  Good luck with that. ;)

> As long
> as you can also send with a different signature that won't be the
> case, and I don't think anyone is ready to accept any kind of
> authority that could force you to only use a single identification
> or be able to validate that. And if they could, what would happen
> when your relationship with example.com changes?

When my relationship with example.com changes, example.com will take my public key out of their DNS records.  Any future email I try to send as matthew.van.eerde at example.com will fail the verification process as matthew-dot-van-dot-eerde._pgp.example.com DNS lookup will fail.

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com                      805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"