[Mimedefang] Sendmail, MIMEDefang, ClamAV, and SpamAssassin

Matt Smith Matt at Coolchilli.com
Wed Aug 18 18:55:06 EDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:10:48 -0600, Eric Murray <E.murray at sasktel.net>
wrote:

>   Hi Everyone,

Hi ;)

> I sure hope you can help me out I'm lost on what to try next here.
I hope so too.  One thing I noticed:
> and it creates the /var/spool/mimedefang.sock
in your .mc files you've got
> `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock
or
> `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock
if it's still creating the file at top, then something's a miss!

I'd re-check your permissions, make sure it's all running as the same defang
user (easiest option to get it working).

I'm also currently running a MD2.44+SA+ClamAV, and after sorting out
permissions problems, it all works like a dream!
One other thing I had to do was add a `sleep 5` command in the stop_it sub
so that MD had time to kill all slaves before restarting.

regards,
Matt