[Mimedefang] sendmail spf milter plugin for sendmail 8.13.0

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Aug 18 14:49:36 EDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

> It's not so easy to send bulk email through a Yahoo SPF-authorized
> server.  I'm sure they have some kind of per-account rate-limiting.

But you only need to send the message once.  Once you have the
DomainKeys signature, you can send it in bulk through whatever servers
you like.  DomainKeys does *NOT* look at the IP address of the
transmitting relay.  It only includes a cryptographic signature that
says "this message has passed through an authorized relay."  The nice
thing about that is that it does not break forwarding, unlike naive
SPF.

> > Guess what most e-mail clients show in the "From" column?  Guess which
> > address DomainKeys will check?

> That's a problem with e-mail clients that can be easily corrected.

:-)