[Mimedefang] MX resolves to localhost

Mike Batchelor mikebat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 13:58:48 EDT 2004

I want to reject mail for domains that resolve to 127.0.0.1 or that
have MX records with hostnames that resolve to 127.0.0.1.  I have tons
of double bounces due to "MX loops back to me" because the damn sender
domain resolves to localhost.  Any ideas how to proceed?  Does
mimedefang provide any functions along these lines, or do I need to
dig (haha!) into Net::DNS to do this?

I use SpamAssassin, maybe it has a rule for which I can bump the score
up to cause the total to exceed my threshhold?  Any ideas?