[Mimedefang] Question about Virus Scanners

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Aug 11 14:47:13 EDT 2004

> Also, does anybody have good experiences in having MimeDefang call up
Mcafee to scan emails?

Mark,

As you will see, many people will recommend ClamAV BUT I have good luck
using McAfee because I am a corporate whore who is tired of explaining to
customers that Open Source is good.

However, I haven't found much issues with Beagle/Bagle, etc. since I
switched to using File::Archive that searches for bad_exts and blocks them.
If the defs don't get them, the zip scanning has been.

Instructions on how I installed McAfee:
http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/MIMEDefang/INSTALL-MCAFEE

Are you using the Archive::ZIp and the mimedefang filter changes that take
advantages of looking inside zips for nasty things?

Regards,
KAM