[Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records

Dave Williss dwilliss at microimages.com
Wed Aug 11 10:37:54 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Dave Williss wrote:
>
> > You mean like an employee on the road using a hotel's ISP or at a
> > wireless hotspot connecting back to your mail server to send mail
> > as from your company?  _Make_ them use authentication.
>
> Ironically enough, Dave Williss's original message was held in
> our trap because it originated from 24.94.166.115, which caused
> an SPF "fail" result for the microimages.com domain. :-)

Doh!  I forgot that our sendmail is configured to use our ISP's SMTP
as a smart relay host. (smtp-server.neb.rr.com).  I wonder if I really
need to do that?  Thanks for pointing that out, or I might never have
noticed it.

 -- Dave Williss
------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
   for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup