[Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records

Tony Nelson tnelson at starpoint.com
Tue Aug 10 17:36:30 EDT 2004

Quoting Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com>:

> On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 14:10, Richard Laager wrote:
>
> > If a potential customer sends you a message through a public access
> > point and their domain has SPF enabled and doesn't list that access
> > point as a valid relay, is that you fault? No, it's their
> > administrator's fault for setting up restrictive SPF without properly
> > configuring their employee's/user's laptops.
>
> How would this work for wireless delivery services like Blackberry?
> My CEO has one of these and uses it a lot.  All messages must
> be sent through their server but we want the 'From:' to be
> his desktop address.

You have to add the blackberry servers to the list of allowed senders in the SPF
record that YOU design.

Tony

This email message from Starpoint Solutions LLC is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Starpoint Solutions shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.