[Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records *long w/morbid horoscope*

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Aug 10 15:29:27 EDT 2004

Cor Bosman wrote:

>>>How about "scaling"? I'm pretty sure my ISP will run (screaming, no
>>>doubt), from a scenario in which they rely on their customers to keep
>>>their list of valid addresses current.
>>
>>If your ISP allows you to have mail servers behind theirs and they are
>>the "front line MX" and forward everything to you, then your ISP is
>>really odd.
>

> This is not odd at all.

I concur.

This is not odd at all and is actually the goal of people like MSN.com. To their
mail server, your mail server could be an MTA, MSA or MUA. They don't care...
they'll take anything. Users cannot email WITHOUT relaying through their servers.

Now for business accounts, that's another story.

  -Ben