[Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records *long w/morbid horoscope*

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Aug 10 00:32:09 EDT 2004

Jeff Rife said:
headers become the norm.

> If the receiving MX servers always knew all valid recipient addresses
> *at (E)SMTP connection time*, then there would be no bounces...only
> rejections.
>
> This solves the problem without introducing anything new to (E)SMTP.

Even though my gateway machines don't have the address books of the
internal machines.
I don't get very many bounce backs.
As most mail get's rejected as spam, before it bounces back though.

I tried to get read the ldap address book entries from my internal
exchange server (5.5) but I could never get it to work.
I couldn't justify the effort as I'm don't really see it as a big deal at
this point.
I'm sure i should, but I can't justify the effort for the return.
--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering